For this weeks WONDER WOMEN WE KNOW we speak to @maevedoyle.art. Maeve is a renowned curator and art critic, the Artistic Director of Maddox Gallery and a broadcaster. She is the BBC;s art correspondent and the writer and host of A Private View with Maeve Doyle of Soho Radios Culture Channel. Maeve was the owner of London Gallery Doyle Devere and was at the helm of Mayfair infamous Bankrobber Gallery which was responsible for the sale of the Banksy Mural “Slave Labour” and “Girl with Balloon”.
1. Go to Happy Hour drink?
Little House on Queen Street.
2. What’s one item you have to take in every handbag?
Keys and compulsively check to make sure they are there (one locksmith call too many).
3. What are your top self-care tips?
Sleep, avoid negative thoughts, language, people and dog walks.
4. What are you reading, watching, listening to?
Reading: Ninth Street Women: Five Painter and the Movement that Changed Modern Art.
Watching: the Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty.
Listening to: THE ART NEWSPAPER PODCAST with Ben Luke.
5. What advice would you give to your teenage self?
Its going to be okay.
6. What advice would you give to other women trying to get into/working in your industry?
Find a purpose, make yourself indispensable and make the people you work with look better – think big picture not just about yourself.
7. What’s been your biggest challenge so far?
Hours in the day, we need more time!
8. What drives you?
I don’t know, it must be genetic – I don’t feel particularly driven.
9. Who inspires you?
It changes from week to week depending on what I’m looking at or reading/// this week it’s a bit of Elaine DeKooning mixed with Peggy Guggenheim.
10. What’s next for you?
A Terry O’Neill exhibition called Every Picture Tells A Story @maddoxgallery
11. What’s your favourite Stone & Mason product?
The Classic Sydney Bag of course, it’s the original.
12. How do you style your Stone & Mason?
APC blazer and classic cut white jeans